Voting

7 August 2010

The Power of Optimism

As I sit in the rocking chair on my family's back porch I ponder the power of positivity. Perspective is a metaphysical status that contains the potential to mold your whole outlook on life.

A simple girl walks down the street. She strolls as her eyes constantly skim her surroundings comparing herself to the other females that pace the sidewalk. "Bigger than her, her, her, her, her, her. Thinner than her. Bigger, bigger bigger..." That comparative, judgmental gal used to be me.

Instead of appearing down in the dumps when I choose salad over mashed potatoes, or a jog instead of watching my fav TV show, I can proudly look in the mirror and say I am 18 pounds lighter and 100x more confident. :)

On another positive note, this week I will be on a much needed girl getaway, with two of my high school friends. Planning on working out at the hotel and eating OP :) Wish me luck!

1 comment: