Voting

23 August 2010

Reflecting

The much needed vacation was a blast. Our first pit spot: The Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas. I love how they gave us not one, two, three, but FOUR free samples of beer.


After the tour and our samplings of the freshest beer my taste buds have ever enjoyed a photo shoot of the grounds. The drive to our beach getaway seemed to last FOREVER! The lack of ample radio stations provided little aid to my heavy eyelids. Thank God for creating the man who invented cruise control or we might not have made it!

Reminisces about the beach...

The beach reminds me of the seascapes I used to paint. The waves compete against each other, crashing and hurling the seaweed, muscles, and crabs onto shore. The minuscule muscles burrow into the sand in hopes of escaping the seagull’s menu. The rainbow umbrella created in China held up rather well and shaded me. It is a blessing to have my bare feet seep into the sand while the foams of the Gulf tickle my toes. Anyways…

The evening was spent at my all-time favorite restaurant in Corpus, Water Street. The bay front is a block away the food is phenomenal. I definitely splurged and ate the entire plate of shrimp enchiladas with sweet potatoes fries. DELISH!

The drive home was shorter despite some debates about my knowledge of direction. (Rachel and Lacey believed we were going the wrong way; I insisted the truck was en route and proved to be correct) :-P All in all the trip was good and I was happy to come back to CS and cuddle with the boyfriend and play with the pups.
When it comes to fashion and shopping, I usually need an opinion aside from my own to make a purchase, but Saturday was different…

My mission: To find dress pants for professional observations for my senior methods and NOT fear the tag labeled SIZE _.

Destination: Mall on TAX FREE WEEKEND Am I crazy? Perhaps.

As I lock my car and secure keys, wallet, and phone, my slow stride turn into a brisk trot. The Post Oak Mall doors open, corridors and stores are filled with fanatical families, divas, and college students. I weave and zig-zag through the punks and thugs, who believe that the best use of their spare time is to block the walkway with baggy pants, horrible attitudes, and absolutely no respect for any ambler trying to actually shop at the mall. On arrival at Express I find the dreaded jeggings, now available in dress pants. It’s HORRIBLE! A simple style catches my eye; I grab two sizes and scuttle to the dressing room. The moment of truth waits. Slacks #1, they make it over the thunder thighs, so far so good, zipper zips, and the clasp closes. Relieved, I look at the tag…A size down! WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also this weekend DBF’s parents were in town. I had a lot of fun hanging out with them. I love how we get to go out to eat and enjoy laughs and good times. Confession I ate horrible this weekend and now I am reaping the sowed. Fried food why do you hate me so? We used to be such close friends. It must be because we have not hung out in so long.

Looking back on last week I must say that I have acquired some lessons that were much needed. When eating fried food for the first time in months be prepared to get ill, spending time away from your boyfriend makes you appreciate him that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment