Voting

13 September 2011

A Crazy Month

These past weeks have seemed like a whirlwind of changes that swept through my life.
For starters California...
What a beautiful state (no offense Texas)! I hope to eventually live out there, raise a family, and live the true Californian life style! Not only was the scenery spectacular, but it also opened my eyes to a world full of endless opportunity. As cheesy as it sounds, you just have to go for it! Napa to Sonoma was my first goal of Cali, but some other adventures were added before I headed back to Texas.

As for the plane ride back, all I can say is never eat cold chicken at an airport it can end horrific.  :-/

The following Sunday I swallowed my fears and did something that two years ago I never thought I would do. I ended a relationship that shaped my college, shaped my interests, and molded me. I will never regret dating this fine gentleman, we just have different plans and goals that we will not and should never compromise.He is a great guy, so single ladies go get him!

The following Monday after Cali
I was hurled into a week long training for Gifted and Talented Students. This served as great change to see how well I could text message without the speaker noticing. I had a week off and then headed to Hearne ISD!

The days quickly flew until August 22nd appeared at my classroom door. The sixth graders headed into my classroom, quite a few taller than me, with eyes glaring at me and my conservative attire. They quickly learned that although I am only a meager 5'3'' my attitude and firmness was enough to tame the 6 ft. child that towered over me. However the drama of a small town and the lack of support has swayed me into an entirely different career path. It's really strange I spent several years devoted to a career that I always knew I would be good at, but never truly loved doing.

After my quick and I admit unprofessional resignation, I made the impractical and irrational decision to fly to Hawaii on a whim. Enjoyed a trip to the spa, beach, and went on a shopping spree which will haunt me later.

So now you might ask, "What's the plan?" Well after some phone calls, hopeful thinking, and prayers I was offered a position at Texas Transportation Institute. So today I will start my second day and fourth year at Texas Transportation Institute, I am no longer a Student Worker I, II, or II neither am I a Senior Office Assistant. I am now a Financial Accountant.

My first day was filled with many coworkers saying "Welcome Back" and "Glad you are here" Today is Day two of my new job and I am trying to learn as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment