Voting

24 June 2011

Over a year...


Today I am taking a moment to reflect back on the past year! Phew it’s been a long one!
Last April I was overweight, unhappy, and slightly depressed. I had a flashback last night as I was going through all of my clothes. While looking at the size 12 clothes, (yes, size 12 there I said it) I was disgusted and I told myself NEVER, NEVER again.
The following pictures below show a progression of my weight loss from 170 to 138!

The Kickin’ Crohn’s 5K reached out to over 200 people, I have raised over 4 GRAND for the CCFA and come July17th I will have the half marathon under my hopefully smaller belt.
I also would like to take a moment to say thanks to my boyfriend, friends, and family. Without them I wouldn’t have been able to gain the confidence in myself to overcome the battles of the year. So for the few who ever read this you will get to see my specific thank yous!

To Momma and Daddy- I know it’s childish, but I can’t call my dad, “father” so Daddy it is.  Without your morals and teachings I wouldn’t be here!

To Cody John Martin- You always push me to become a better person whether it’s my patience with children in Walmart- my pet peeve, or jogging that extra mile. Your motivation and support is never ending.

To Curb Checker Cobb- Your help with just listening to me blabber on and on about drama at work is awesome! You were outstanding at the 5K and I can’t wait until you are back in college station! I need to cook for ya!

To Shirley, Lacey, Rachel, Ty, Stef, Michael, and extended family and friends- Your donations, willingness to believe in me has paid off! Over 300 miles, and 30 pounds later you still inspire me to keep going!

Y’all may think these thanks are small, but I mean them from the bottom of my heart! I have never felt better! 

1 comment: