Voting

12 July 2010

The Beginning

So this is my first official post. Although I doubt many people will read it, blogging will serve as an outlet for frustration and celebration!

Here are a few facts about myself and surroundings...

I'm 21 years old and I am working @ Texas A&M University Whoop!

My major is Education, specifically English and English as a Second Language. My education in college has been a roller coaster of emotion, I had a breakdown last semester and believed I was in the wrong major and career path. After a mental slap in the face I realized teaching is what I am good at; teaching is what I love to do. I hope to teach middle school ESL, for those non-education major ESL = English as a second language. I currently tutor high school ESL students for the ELA TAKS test. This has by far been one of the most rewarding experiences I have had while @ A&M. While my education path has been an over all positive experience, my health and my weight have not.


Ever since I can remember I have always been a girl who could hold her own at the dinner table. After several trials of weight loss gimmicks slim fast, special K challenge, and yes even Xenadrine, I came to the conclusion that my idiotic attempts at weight loss were a waste and more harm than help to my health. I mean of course if you eat cereal twice a day you will lose weight, but you will gain it right back! My love for food caused me to get at the heaviest I have ever been 167. While some may think this number is small and others may believe this number to be horrific, it was a wake up call for myself. When I saw pictures of myself from my Aggie ring day, I was disgusted and promised myself I would never allow myself to look this way again. I turned to Weight Watchers and I have never looked back.


Since April I have been doing WW and through its lessons I have gained more confidence and self-worth than ever before. Instead of my kitchen becoming my enemy, I have found comfort cooking healthy delicious meals for my dear boyfriend (DBF) and myself. As my love for cooking grows, my waist has been shrinking and my recipe collection increasing! I'm proud of my accomplishments and my weight loss journey so far. I am 16 pounds lighter and feel great about being healthy and eating right again. These past couple of weeks, however, I have felt unmotivated and discouraged, so I hope to find motivation and encouragement in this blog!


Please feel free to send me some crazy new recipe to try, as long as its in budget (I'm a poor college kid) I'm willing to try it!





1 comment:

  1. I'm your first follower!! Welcome to the blogging world. I started my blog back in May and I think it helps keep me motivated. I put a picture of myself (full body) for the firs time ever last week. I often find myself staring at that picture because I don't believe I look that small in real life. I'm trying to figure out if my swimsuit has magic powers or something. Anyways - I loved the first blog and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete